Name: Guangzhou (广州; Guǎngzhōu (/guang-zhou/)
Meaning: 'broad prefecture'
Previous names: Panyu, Canton
Most popular food: dim sum
- This has long been one of China's richest trading cities.
- Guangzhou is a base for foreign merchants and traders.
- : held twice every year; it is the largest and most comprehensive trade fair in China.
- Ancient: Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Huaisheng Mosque, The Chen Clan Academy, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Temple of the Six Banyan Trees, Kaiping Towers and villages,
- Modern: Canton Tower, Guangzhou Opera House, Guangdong Provincial Museum, Shamian Island
- Nature: White Clouds Mountain, Nanling National Forest Park,
- Amusement: Yuexiu Park, night cruise on Pearl River, Guangzhou Zoo, Guangzhou Chimelong Holiday Resort,
- Municipality location: 22.26N to 23.56N, 112.57E to 114.03E, in southeastern China
- Municipality Population: 12, 700, 000
- Municipality Area: 7, 434 sq km (2, 870 sq mi)
- Urban area: 3, 843 sq km (1, 484 sq mi)
- Urban population: 11, 000, 000
- Urban population density: 2, 862/sq km
- City center: Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (23.13N, 113.36E), in Yuexiu District
ClimateShimen National Forest Park
- 32.8 °C (90.9 °F)
- 10.3 °C (50.5 °F)
- Humid subtropical climate with annual monsoons from April to September; annual precipitation: 1, 735 mm (68.3 in). There is a sudden onset of the monsoon season involving rainfall and a change of temperature each spring.
- Average annual income: (2008) 89, 498 RMB (13, 111 USD)
- Development: developed; the per capita income is among the highest of China's large cities. It is an electronics and clothing manufacture center and a trade hub for international merchants.
- CBD: Tianhe East Train Station (23.15 N, 113.33 E)
- Shopping streets: Beijing Lu Pedestrian Street, Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street, Tee Mall
Automobile Maintenance Service In Guangzhou China Stock ...
Guangzhou City, China | amazing places in the world | top ...
Guangzhou City China | Visit Guangzhou City Tour ...